Friday 31 March 2017

Spicy Cheddar Bay Biscuits

I feel like it's only fair to warn you - if you are looking for Grandma's homemade secret recipe, this is not it!  This is a super easy cheat recipe using the Red Lobster Cheddar Bay Biscuit Mix.

Red Lobster will forever hold a special place in my heart, mainly because of these delicious biscuits.  Unfortunately, there is not one single Red Lobster where I live, so finding this mix in stores was beyond exciting.  I always buy the big packages from Costco.  The more biscuits the better!

I recently had a little situation that made me rethink how I prepared them.  I had a dinner guest that doesn't eat butter and, without that garlic butter mix on top of her biscuit, it was not as exciting as everyone else's was!  This got me thinking of ways I could tinker with the biscuit mix.  I happen to love spicy food, so it was an easy change up for me!

Ingredients:
1 package Red Lobster Cheddar Bay Biscuit Mix
1 pouch Red Lobster Garlic Herb Blend
3/4 cup buttermilk
2/3 cup grated cheddar cheese
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
1/2 tsp. Old Bay seasoning
1/2 tsp. chipotle powder
1/4 cup butter

Directions (basically right from the box!):
1. Preheat oven to 425 F.  Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or spray a baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray.
2. Stir together biscuit mix, cheese, garlic, Old Bay, chipotle, and buttermilk until dough forms.  Don't over mix.
3. Immediately after mixing, scoop dough into 8-10 portions (about 1/4 cup each) and place 2 inches apart on prepared baking sheet.
4. Bake for 14-16 minutes, or until golden brown on top.
5. When biscuits are almost done baking, melt the butter, add the garlic herb blend and stir until well mixed.
6. Spoon or brush 1 tsp. of the garlic herb butter sauce onto each hot biscuit and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment